Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

San Franciso - the city and the sea

It seems such a shame to only transit through San Francisco on my way to Orlando - on my next visit to the US, I'll make sure I spend some time in this beautiful city. But even flying over the harbour was amazing - the waters are very intensively used in what looks like the inner harbour - a big salt farm, and many partitions that may be marine farms or more salt capturing areas - so the harbour earms money for this city in many ways. Also saw the most magnificent thundercloud forming as we flew in - a marvelous anvil-shaped upper layer forming, and fast.
And it was wonderful so see a huge Hollywood-style sign on the hill above the airport saying "South San Francisco - the industrial city". So proud! Not hiding away where no-one can see their productive areas! I'd love to see what they are doing to protect the water quality of their fabulous harbor. *Sigh* - next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment